The 12th Annual Capital 10-Miler
April 2, 2022
City Island, Harrisburg, PA
We are thrilled to be able to to present
the 12th Annual Capital 10-Miler on April 2, 2022.
Run in-person April 2, 2022
or run virtually March 26th to April 1st.
IN-PERSON or VIRTUAL*
SPACE IS LIMITED
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS WILL BE FOLLOWED
*VIRTUAL RUNNERS can run the course on your own time between March 26, 2022 and Friday, April 1, 2022 and receive your shirt and medal. Best of all, you can still raise money for one of our amazing participating arts organizations!
Our Past Sponsors
About The Capital 10-Miler
This 10 mile race benefits many area arts organizations. The event will start and finish on City Island, with the course including the riverfront, Capital Area Greenbelt, and the scenic bridges over the Susquehanna.
“Each year, the race attracts a lot of interest,” reports Mary Lou Harris, founding race director, who is a local marathon runner and regional arts supporter. “600 runners, on average, register to run and we expect more each year.”
Registrants over the years included runners from several Mid-Atlantic and New England states as well as local and regional participants.
The Capital 10-Miler is administered by Open Stage, a not-for-profit professional regional theatre, funded, in part, by the Cultural Enrichment Fund, the capital region's united arts fund. Open Stage is a Constituent of Theatre Communications Group (TCG), the national organization for American theatre.
How to participate in the Virtual 10-miler
1. Register for the race--registration opens soon!
2. Track your run (which can be of any ten-mile course of your choosing) with an app such as Runkeeper or Strava before April 1st.
3. Post pictures, videos, and comments sharing your virtual race to our social media.
4. Don’t forget to include our hashtags to be considered for the social media prize categories.
5. Take screenshots of your device and submit your time and distance to email@example.com
Those participating can pick up medals and shirts at Open Stage, Dates and Times TBA.
*Please note the course may change due to restrictions and CDC guidance.