Capital 10-Miler 2021
Run IN-PERSON or VIRTUAL!
We are thrilled to be able to to present
the 11th Annual Capital 10-Miler on April 17, 2021.
Run in-person April 17th
(250 participant limit)
or run virtually April 10th-16th.
REGISTER SOON FOR IN-PERSON OR VIRTUAL
SPACE IS LIMITED
COVID-19 SAFE PROTOCOLS WILL BE FOLLOWED.
VIRTUAL RUNNERS can run the course on your own time between April 10, 2021 and Friday, April 16,2021 and receive your shirt and medal. Best of all, you can still raise money for one of our amazing participating organizations, such as The Pennsylvania Regional Ballet, the Susquehanna Folk Music Society, Market Square Concerts, the Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra, and Open Stage.
Our Past Sponsors
About The Capital 10-Miler
This 10 mile race benefits many area arts organizations. The event will start and finish on City Island, with the course including the riverfront, Capital Area Greenbelt, and the scenic bridges over the Susquehanna.
“Each year, the race attracts a lot of interest,” reports Mary Lou Harris, founding race director, who is a local marathon runner and regional arts supporter. “600 runners, on average, register to run and we expect more each year.”
Registrants over the years included runners from several Mid-Atlantic and New England states as well as local and regional participants.
The Capital 10-Miler is administered by Open Stage, a not-for-profit professional regional theatre, funded, in part, by the Cultural Enrichment Fund, the capital region's united arts fund. Open Stage is a Constituent of Theatre Communications Group (TCG), the national organization for American theatre.
How to participate in the Virtual 10-miler
1. Register for the race, if you have not already. You can register online.
2. Track your run (which can be of any ten-mile course of your choosing) with an app such as Runkeeper or Strava before April 15th.
3. Post pictures, videos, and comments sharing your virtual race to our social media.
4. Don’t forget to include our hashtags to be considered for the social media prize categories.
5. Take screenshots of your device and submit your time and distance to firstname.lastname@example.org
Those participating can pick up medals and shirts at Open Stage, Dates and Times TBA.
*Please note the course may change due to restrictions and CDC guidance.